Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

2 months down, 10 more to go...


Well, I am happy to report that month #2 seems to have gone faster than the first month! Too bad Nora and I were sick for most of it! We did have a few really fun visitors this month that helped keep us occupied. My sister Terry came and stayed with us last week, and Phil's cousin Malana (along with her family) stopped in to see us this weekend! Nora had a blast playing with her cousin.


June is going to be a busy month, with a long trip home to Clarkston for Kathy's wedding. Nora and I are planning lots of fun activities between now and then to keep us busy.


Recently we have discovered "Stroller Skating". Something I am hoping Nora warms up to in the next couple weeks, since I am a huge fan of roller skating. In the beginning of May, they re-opened the skating rink on Ft. Lewis. There are 2 hours every morning set aside for strollers and tots. Nora and I tried it once, and unfortunately I am a bit too fast for her :). We are taking her friend Orion and his mommy with us this week to try it again. Hopefully, with a buddy there she will enjoy it a little bit more!


We are also taking advantage of the play center, Rainbows and Raindrops, on post at least once a week. This is a building dedicated to "mom and me" style play similar to a children's museum on a smaller scale. They have art tables, a music/movement room, dress up clothes, play kitchens with food and dishes, and just about every other developmental toy for 0-5 that you could imagine. Nora loves the kitchen area and the baby doll section these days!


At home, I am beginning the difficult battle of convincing Nora to give up her pacifier (or plug, as we call it). Simultaneously we are starting to potty train...or at least I am encouraging her to start. We were doing wonderfully with potty training (staying dry most of the time) before Phil left, but the disappearance of Daddy caused a little regression in that area. She still isn't so sure giving up diapers is the way to go, even if it means she get to wear princess panties. Any moms out there with advice-send it my way!


Nora is still missing Daddy a lot, and every so often has a sad day and cries for him. But between our talks and books and videos, I think she is accepting the situation a little better. Keeping busy and making sure to have a pretty regular schedule seems to be helping both of us tremendously.


No comments:

Post a Comment