Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

In the hospital again!

Yes, I am in the hospital again, but not sick this time. Last Thursday I started "boarding" at the hospital in preparation for Nora's homecoming. The doctors, at that time, expected her to be home by Sunday. Well, here it is Tuesday and both of us are still here!

Nora has gained sufficient weight (she is up to 2000 grams/4 lbs 6oz), so now we are just waiting for her to complete her 5 day incident free watch. If she is able to go incident free for 5 full days, she gets to come home!

Phil and I are holding up pretty well. We are slowly adjusting to the limited sleep that new parents get. Phil has been at home on his own since I moved into the hospital, and we are anxiously awaiting when the whole family will be together. He is incredibly busy at work, so he has plenty to keep his mind busy from worrying.

I am doing much better now that Nora and I are at least in the same building. I now have a place to rest inbetween her feedings and am able to nurse for all or almost all her feedings each day. Cutting out the commute from home has made life much less stressful. I can't imagine how much easier things will be when we get to sleep in the same room!

No comments:

Post a Comment