Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2008

Up 1 pound!

As of today, Nora is 3lbs 10oz-exactly 1 pound more than when she was born. It took 3 and 1/2 weeks to gain it, but she did it! And it looks like lots more weight is on the way. The doctors are slowly weaning her off the oxygen, and she is currently maintaining her own body temp. We started breastfeeding last week and are up to 2 times a day. As she gets stronger they will increase the number of times I feed her. The rest of her feeds are still through a tube. As Nora and I become more confident and better at breastfeeding the doctors will introduce a bottle for the times that I can't be there.

Phil and I are hanging on...As we get to participate in her care more, we get less and less time to sleep, eat, and get things done around the house. However, from what I hear running on little sleep is pretty normal for new parents. Each time there is a new development with Nora, it means a schedule change for us-surprisingly we have adapted pretty well! But now matter how well we adapt, we simply can't wait for the day when feeding her means a trip to her crib, not a trip to the hospital.

1 comment:

  1. this is amazing news! I love it when they gain weight! I'm so glad you're able to begin breastfeeding her, too! Breast is best!!

    ReplyDelete