Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2008

Visit to the ER

Well, I just got home from my first visit to the ER with Nora. While I am sure this won't be the last time we ever have to go to the ER, I am hoping that it is a very long time before we ever have to go back.

This morning Nora had blood in her diaper, so after finding out that they don't give same day appointments to children at Madigan, we were told to take Nora to the ER. Two x-rays, a test of her stool, and SIX HOURS later all we know is that there probably isn't anything seriously wrong.

If you haven't picked up on my tone yet, I am VERY frustrated. After the amazing care Nora recieved in the NICU, I was a little surprised by the substandard system they have set up for kids. Both Phil and I can get same day appointments but Nora can't?!?! What the heck?!?

We have a follow up appointment tomorrow and shots on Wednesday, so expect another note this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment