Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day

Growing up my sisters and I participated in one of the happiest holiday traditions: May Day. Starting probably before I can remember, on April 30th we made little paper baskets and walked around the yard collecting flowers to hang on the neighbors door the next day. Even after I went to college, if I could come home for May Day, I would. What a happy holiday, share flowers and a nice note with the neighboors around you. I can't wait to pass this tradition on to Nora.

As far as family news, things seem to be on the upswing. Nora is still an incredibly fussy impatient baby, but our evenings are improving. We have found that if we are able to respond to her fussing and provide whatever it is that she wants immediately, then we can avoid the intense screaming/crying. When we delay, she is quick to punish our ignorance. However, once whatever need she has is met, the happy calm returns! It is hard to believe we have been at this adventure for almost 4 months!

Phil is super busy at work preparing for the unit to come back, and preparing for our move. We got official orders last week to move to Ft. Leonard Wood, MO so that he can complete the Captain's Career Course. While spending the summer in Missouri is not exactly my idea of a good time, it will be a nice change for the three of us.

**I uploaded new pics to the photo album, check them out!**

No comments:

Post a Comment